Check out the rest of the series:
- Part 1: A Primer
- Part 2: 11 Tips for Writing IRRESISTIBLE Titles
- Part 3: Eye-Catching Cover Photos in 5 Easy Steps
- Part 4: 9 Ways to Seal the Deal with Effective Descriptions
- They ATTRACT more people to their listings with clickable titles and eye-catching cover images.
- They INTERACT better with those potential customers through accurate photos and complete descriptions that aren’t just a wall of text.
- They CONVERT more of those potential customers into actual customers.
Today I want to discuss the first part of the first bullet point: attracting people to your listings with clear, effective, and irresistible titles.
Why do buyers click on particular listings?
You have items you want to sell. So do a lot of other people. And other people probably have items like yours. They may even have the same items as you. How do you make sure potential buyers click on your items and not other people’s?
You need to make buyers think your item will solve their problem better than someone else’s item. And yes, when you sell someone a sweatshirt you are solving their problem.
Before clicking on an item, buyers ask themselves these questions (whether they consciously realize it or not):